So remember that time when I said I’d be more active on this blog this month and then abandoned it until now? Yeah, I don’t remember it either…Anyway…
Housecleaning Time! I’ve finally been catching up on all my notifications that I’ve been ignoring this month (curse you and your addictive productivity, Camp Nano!) and found that I was nominated for a couple awards in my absence! Yay! Nothing makes you feel like a great blogger than receiving awards for a blog that you’ve been neglecting all month, heh heh…
But I am seriously so thrilled to get them! They really motivate me to be the best writer/blogger/desert-dwelling hermit-person I can be! So without further ado, here’s the first:
Yes, the Versatile Blogger Award! I’ve been seeing this award floating around on several lovely blogging pages, but sure didn’t expect it to end up here! I’m tickled pink, or maybe more of a magenta.
Lovely writer-person Shannon Noel Brady nominated me for reasons unknown, other than the fact that I think she’s a pretty cool human being. I discovered her blog like, oooohh, maybe the first week I started blogging? Like, Day One or Two? And I’ve been blog-stalking ever since (twitter-stalking too, because if you’re going to stalk, do it properly!). Her fiction really strikes a chord with me and her characters stand out from the crowd, and she’s got a sense of humor to boot…have you clicked her name already? Go do it. I’ll wait.
The rules for this award state that I have to thank the giver (Thank you Shannon, may many dinosaur-shaped chicken nuggets find their way to your plate!), nominate five other really cool blogs, and then list 7 things about myself. Challenge accepted!
My nominations are (drumroll please…):
1) Orange Pond Connects : I just don’t know what to say about Orange Pond Connects, except the fact that I jump to her blog at every post. I’m a freakin’ Pavlov dog for this blog. Writer, Dreamer, Canadian…what’s not to like?
2) James Windale : His two books are at the top of my next-time-I-have-book-money-I-will-buy-these list. Interesting topics that are well-researched from a writer who cares.
3) Natasha Nalina : A fun art blog from a bubbly personality. If you’re looking for positive posts and adorable art, check her out! Last time I checked she was making art for a videogame, which gives her +5 awesome points.
4) Caroline Peckham : This blog started around the same time as mine and is infinitely more professional and impressive, so you should give it a look. Caroline is super friendly and I would expect she gives warm hugs. Also, she writes actual fiction-things that you can read (again, blog envy!).
5) Sandra’s Stories : If you’re looking for writing advice, look no further! I have a good number of her informative articles bookmarked, with topics ranging from plot and characters to marketing on twitter and more!
In making this list, I have realized that I am so behind on some of my favorite blogs…guess I need to have a catch-up day now that Nano is almost over. But first, 7 things about me…that I didn’t include in my previous ten facts about me article…
1) I used to be a huge weather nerd. When I worked third shift doing at-home health care, I would turn the tv to the weather channel and leave it on all night. And that was during 2011, the year that the US broke all the weather records…I learned more about weather that year than the rest of my life combined.
2) Coincidentally, I dream about tornadoes a lot. I have had some pretty dang epic tornado dreams. I’m not afraid of them, but I do have a healthy dose of respect. I would love to actually see one in person (not bearing down on me of course, more like in a controlled storm-chaser way…)
3) And how do I know I dream about tornadoes a lot? I’ve been keeping a dream journal since 2013. I highly recommend it. Going back and reading my dreams is always a hoot and in some ways, is better than a regular journal. When I read them, I can perfectly place where I was and what I was doing in my life…and they’re hilarious. Please give it a try if you’ve never done it before. It’s so worth it.
4) I really don’t read as much as I should. When I was in school, I read all the freakin’ time. So many books. But now that I have a kid to look after, and writing to do, and video games to play…I usually only read a chapter or two a day. I’ve been trying to work on it, but it doesn’t take priority very often. #shame
5) I could live without television. If left to my own devices, I only use the TV for video games. I do like some shows, but I don’t really go out of my way to watch them.
6) And when I watch movies, I usually watch them in parts. I blame my short attention span for this one. If I do choose to watch a movie, I’ll usually watch about twenty minutes of it (just enough time to eat a meal) and then turn it off. I also have the ability to turn a show or movie off at any point in the plot. Hero hanging off a cliffside? Bad guy about to shoot an innocent? Whatev’s, I’ll find out next time.
7) Hmm, this seventh one is giving me trouble…do I tell you that I love taco salad? Or that I used to be obsessed with wolves to the point where I volunteered at a wolf park? Or maybe that I competetively breed Pokemon…Naw, I think I’ll go with the I’m-in-love-with-water-and-always-have-a-water-bottle-with-me-at-all-times fact. Yeah, that’s a good one.
Well, this has been fun! Thanks again to Shannon for the award which has inadvertantly motivated me into posting again, yay! As for the second award…I’ll save that for another day. This post is long enough already. Thanks for sticking with me, guys!
Happy Writing, Happy Reading,